A friend recently posted this on Facebook:
I had never really thought of this! But it’s true. A potato definitely copes with boiling water differently than an egg does. This is the case with many things:
- The sun will melt ice but harden clay.
- If you drop a turtle into a pond it will swim away, but if you do the same thing to a tortoise, it will most likely sink and drown.
- White reflects light, black absorbs it.
- Fruit rots but wine made from fruit ages.
- Tourists admire what residents take for granted.
It’s all a matter of perspective and attitude (and, yes, science, I suppose, but don’t mess up my analogy). You can be a victim or a survivor. You can strive or quit. You can give up hope or persevere. You always have choices.
So, as my friend Carole says, “Onward and upward, into the future!”